I See a Red Door...


 ... And I want it painted Black.


Now, I didn't start out wanting a black door.  A couple weeks after moving into our home, I painted the then violet colored shutters and front door this rusty red color (Mark Twain Brown}. Though it was a vast improvement, for awhile now I've been a little tired of the red.  One major problem with the paint wasn't the color, however.  I'd very unsmartly got the paint in a flat finish, which made for a constantly dusty, dirty-looking door that I couldn't very well wash off.   That was silly.  Here was my door before. 



 So I got this dandy little can of Black Gloss from Lowes.  
And a paint-brush (a smaller one would have been nice for painting around the handle and such, but I just made this big ol' one work). 



I painted it last Saturday, putting it down as a very relevant and necessary part of my Easter preparations. :)  It is very glossy!  Perhaps a semi-gloss would have been the way to go?  Obviously I have paint finish issues.  But overall (and despite the frosted oval window I'll never be too fond of) I like it very much. 





I also sprung for a new door mat from Target - I think it was 12.99?  That green with the black are making me quite happy.

 


 Here it is with a bit of the red shutters so you can see how the door pops now all stately like.



And yes, the box-woods are having an outdoor day. :)



See more of our home {HERE}
Share on :
I See a Red Door...
I See a Red Door...
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5