You're Going to Have to Trust Me


That this cake was both presentable and delish.
Because I know you've seen more impressive pictures of chocolate cake.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pre-party picture.

Try to view this as a photographic evidence of a cake-much enjoyed.
 

Or rather just trust Ina as it's her recipe.

Last weekend I tried her chocolate cake recipe in this cookbook.



In my book of unwritten cake rules, cake must always have a substantive amount of butter to very good.
This however, shockingly has only 1/2 cup of...oil.  So I broke my rules and gave Ina a chance.


The result was a lighter, fluffier {compared to this favorite cake} very chocolaty cake - kind-of like the texture of a cake-box-cake, but moister and homemade-good.  The real win was that the couple odd ducks in my family who usually pass on chocolate {I'll never understand} liked this cake. Hurray.

So it was a yummy end to this party my Sister just threw together in their pretty backyard - isn't it so fun?
Sorry it's also a post-party picture, but you at least you get the idea of the funness.



See my Very Favorite Recipes {HERE}

{Linking to Just a Girl}
Share on :
You're Going to Have to Trust Me
You're Going to Have to Trust Me
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5