Pretty Chairs All in a Row {A Seat Cover Tut}

A couple years ago my sweet mother-in-law passed along this set of four chairs.




Here's one of them in the cover she put on herself a good while back.



It was time for a bit of a change, especially when it needn't cost much change. ;)  I found this fabric on Clearance at Hobby Lobby for $10 a yard.  I love this fabric - it has kind of a sweet, traditional, almost vintage feel that seems work naturally with the look of the chair.

Only needed one yard for the four chairs.  Also needed a heavy duty staple gun, kindly lent by Sister and Andy.



Taking off the old upholstery was as simple as turning the chair over and taking out the screws holding it down.  Then I just pulled up the fabric (with my hands but pliers would be helpful).  Then I used the old piece of upholstery as a template for cutting the new.



The batting was still in good enough shape, but you could easily add or replace a layer of cotton or poly batting if needed.




Here it is stapled all around.  Be sure to pull it snugly about the sides.



Then fitted back on the chairs, with screws back in. 



 I was so surprised with how easy this project was. Why, oh why, didn't I do this long ago?
My sweetheart even pronounced that it's my best DIY project to date... not sure what that says about my previous efforts, but I'll take the compliment!




See other simple-lovely tutorials {HERE}







Share on :
Pretty Chairs All in a Row {A Seat Cover Tut}
Pretty Chairs All in a Row {A Seat Cover Tut}
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5