For the Things They Say

As anyone knows, talking little people tend to say the sweetest and funniest things.  Well, we have three talking little people in our home, and it was high time I did something about safe-keeping all the dear things they say.  This is me, almost always very behind.

Anyway, I finally did get my act together, and  I made this little memory box with index card filing.
(please pardon the pictures, I took half of them at night, so my lighting is all over the place)


With this system it's easy to add new sayings, even ones that happened awhile back and keep them in order.   I also love that you can grab out all of just one little person's sayings at a time and go through them now and them, such as on a birthday.

The project was inspired by this old recipe box my mum had.  She kindly passed it down to me the other week.  I love the antique, loved look of it, and it makes it pretty and appropriate looking out on the kitchen counter.   These sort of boxes are plentiful on ebay.


However, I found it impossible to track down index card filers.  The only ones I found had the alphabet on them, so I made my own, using regular file folders, and cutting them to size (you'll want to make the tab part smaller too.)


Of course, they needed to be pretty-fied a bit.  The paper pickings were rather slim at our Michael's, but this one struck me as rather Anthropologie inspired. ;)


Out came the Modge Podge.


And covered them all up. 


Then I got out my typewriter stamps.


 And cut out a little name label from the file folder.

 

And glued it on like so. 


Finally, I recorded some of the sweet things they've said lately, putting the date, name, and age of the kiddo just in case they ever got mixed up. 


And there you have it.  Hopefully this will inspire you as a nice, easy way to treasure all the sweet things they say.
They are just too precious to forget.




Happy Monday : )

love, cailan



Share on :
For the Things They Say
For the Things They Say
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5