a whole house tour (every nook)


I've been blogging along for a little over year now, but I don't think I've ever showed you the outside of our house.   
Here she is - our very first house.
 
 

 Some of you know that we just listed our house for Sale, so I thought I'd show you the pictures I took for the fliers.  Some of this you may have seen in the "Home Tour" part, but there's a fair share of rooms I never have shown, including areas I never did get to decorating-wise in our 2 1/2 years here.



The Entryway.


You've seen my Writing Desk, but I don't think I've ever shown the whole "Library"?  This is kind-of our "quiet room" - no toys stored in here - just books and writing - it's a cozy place to chat.


the Dining Room.


Kitchen. love my kitchen.


We eat all our meals at this little table. 
 Love the southern light that comes in these windows all day long.



Living Room.


Here's another new-to-you room - the Sunroom.  It's where all the toys happily live.  It's unheated, but because of the south-facing windows the room is often warm enough to play in even on winter days.  Best room ever.


Here's a room I never got to - the powder room on the main floor.   Wanted to strip the wall-paper, paint (stencil?), paint the cabinet and do a new light fixture.  Rug, yuck. Oh well.



Also wanted to paint cabinets and walls in the Laundry Room. Oh well.


The basement is my Sweetheart's domain - this is his library and office.


Except for my little room for guests.  Wallpaper was already there from previous owners, it made it kind-of sweet, albeit very feminine. 


"Exercise Room"


Alternately Sweetheart's and Guest's Bathroom. Everything in here was hand-me-down. 


Back all the way upstairs, to the Master Bedroom.  Love the windows in here.


My dear little bathroom.  I know, I've been so spoiled.


Twin's Nursery - they are so ready for big-kid beds now!
 

Kid's Bathroom, with wallpaper from previous owners.  It wasn't too bad.
 

Finally, my oldest boys room.  This is the room I really wanted to repaint to compliment the yellow bed.  I ended up just getting to do a little rearranging instead. 


And now I get to tell you that this HOME IS SOLD.  That's right, about 48 hours after we put it on the market, we had two offers and signed a contract.  So many feelings right now.  I'm relieved and so grateful, but wow, the reality of moving is suddenly so real...   At least I have till June 29th to get more comfortable with the idea.... and God is good.



love, cailan

Share on :
a whole house tour (every nook)
a whole house tour (every nook)
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5