Tour of the New House

First, very grateful thanks for the great advice and comments on the whole shared bedroom topic.  I was surprised by how many of you have your boys and girls sharing rooms and very encouraged by your reports of it working really well and helping to foster good sibling friendships.  So, I think I really will put all three together for now and see what good times we have : )

***
Now to give you a little tour of our new home.  Keep in mind I only got to tour the house in person one time! and for less than an hour! and just quickly snapped these pictures! and yes, it's kind-of driving me crazy not to be able to stop in and poke around one. more. time.  Patience.   

Anyway, at least what pictures I did manage to get will give you an idea of the fun we're getting into ; )



 Always dreamed of a porch swing and quite charmed by that little brass mailbox.


Alright, this is what you see when you step inside.  
Sort-of a formal Entry area with the stairs to the right and the Living Room to the left.



Shot of the Entry from the Living Room.  
Oh, that Oak!  My heart was all aflutter.


Living Room.


Shot of Living Room from the Dining Room.


Shot of Dining Room from the Entry.



{Insert lots of heart flutterings here}



And the Kitchen.



Probably the Den/Office/Schoolroom?  The Mystery Room. : )



Main Floor Bathroom.
Yes, that's a little clawfoot tub.



Now, downstairs to the Basement...



...where we find the Laundry Room.  
Doing laundry in the basement will take some getting use to, but I am glad it feels so clean and bright for a basement and thrilled about that big sink.   There's also a long room to the right, where my sweetheart will have his study.



Now back through the house to the front Entry and upstairs.  Peek out happy, little window.

 




Upstairs Bathroom.  



Bedroom #1.  This would be the room all three kiddos would share.
Imagining three little beds, all in a row.


The Master Bedroom. 
It feels tremendously large.


Third Bedroom.  
Hoping to make Guests feel very, very, very welcome here.



Back downstairs.


And that's the tour!  
Minus a picture of the real-live Barn in back, which I neglected to take.  
The Barn also doubles as the Garage...

Oh. My.  Putting this post together and looking through the house again has my insides all in a whirl, and visions of paint, plaster, and pinterest swirl in my head.

So much potential.  So much work. 
So much fun.  So much work.  
So much potential for fun work.  ; )

I am very thankful for this home.  I don't think I ever told you, but this house was never actually on the market.  I emailed the owners to see if they were going to sell because I heard they might be moving because the man of the house was retiring...and my husband's new job is to fill his shoes. 

God is amazing like that. 
Thanks for poking about with me.

love, 
cailan


Share on :
Tour of the New House
Tour of the New House
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5