XO Valentine's Mantel


So this is my first time in our six years of married life that I decorated for Valentine's. 
About time, yes?  The "holiday" does seem to be here and gone before I know it, but it certainly deserves some attention.  Since I didn't do much with our mantel since taking down Christmas, I thought I might as well valentine it.

I did a little "xo" theme.



This little cone book page wreath is my favorite part. Can't believe I haven't made one of these before.


I kept up my frames, and just worked with them.  The same frames that first went up when I put together a Fall Mantel.


And made them work for Christmas too.


 And now we have my "xo" Valentine's Mantel.
I tried to keep it as simple as possible - the last thing I need is more holiday decor to pack away when we move!  Also didn't spend much - just glitter and 99 cent wooden letters from Hobby Lobby.  Sticky tack keeps the letters and hearts up :).




I can't believe I haven't made a cone wreath before.  It was so easy and quick to make.  Granted I wasn't too scientific about it - don't look too closely, it is a little wonky, but it's got character, I tell you. ;) Didn't use a tutorial just started hot-gluing some cones and gluing them round a cardboard circle.  Perhaps I put together a little tutorial, but it really is pretty simple.


I tore up an American Poetry book my husband said he didn't want.  Just realize the words "rage" and "ecstasy" are on one of the hearts below.  wow.  Pretty intense sentiments going on here!

 



So there you have it. A little Valentine's day cheer to start out your week.
Hope it's a bit lovely.
xo, 
Cailan
Share on :
XO Valentine's Mantel
XO Valentine's Mantel
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5