Botanical Book Page Wall



I've finally been giving my master bedroom some much needed attention.  
First on the agenda was to address the big wall above the dresser in a collage-type way. 
I loved this project because almost everything I used was thrifted.

My initial inspiration was this book I happened upon at the thrift store:  A Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.



It really is a lovely book, so I felt a little reluctant to tear it to bits until I found another copy just last week!
Taking it apart was really quite easy after that.  To get double pages to hang without tearing the middle, I simply used a knife to cut the binding threads that show up every few pages.  Like so...



The focal point of the collage (though purposely off center) is this thrifted mirror I found awhile back that used to hang by our back entry.




Then I added these second-hand frames, and a piece of gate iron from New Orleans. The gold frame was very dull so I spruced it up with a bit of Rub-n-Buff.



On the other side I have a pair of Wallace Netting photos my parents gave when we got married. This one is "Honeymoon Drive".  The other is "Honeymoon Windings".  



Just for fun, here's a before picture of this same wall.



And "After".



Liking a little more personality, whimsy and lovely on the wall.  
Hope to show you the whole room soon!




Share on :
Botanical Book Page Wall
Botanical Book Page Wall
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5