Little Mirror Makeover




Today I thought I'd share about this mirror redo I did for our back entry.   Since I stole the cream one for my master bedroom collage wall.

Here's a rather inadequate "Before Picture".



Here the mirror was after I brought her home from the thrift store for $7.
She had that black speckled elm wood? look that I wasn't to fond of.


So I first painted on a coat of cheap acrylic paint I had lying around - mixed a little brown in with some black to tone down the black a little bit.


Then, with a piece of old t-shirt I rubbed on some of this fun stuff: Rub-n-Buff.
Have you used this before?  So easy!


As you can see I let some of the black show through 
to give it some depth and show off the lines.  

 

And here she is, looking quite fancy-shmancy.

I also replaced the table lamp with this floor lamp that grew up with me in my parent's home.
The chest of drawers felt too crowded on top with the lamp there...I might add a shade to the lamp. 

{And yes I need to do a better job hiding my tape holding the ribbon, and yes, I need to either get some Fallish pictures clipped up or do away with it altogether}

The pail serves to catch and hide all our phones and keys.




So as I've mentioned before this back entry is my problem area...
we'll just say it's a work in progress. 



And remember today is the Last Day to enter the giveaway for the Lollia lotion.

Click {HERE} to enter!






{Linking to Tatertots & Jello
Thrifty Decorating , Funky Junk Interiors, & Addicted to Decorating}


Share on :
Little Mirror Makeover
Little Mirror Makeover
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5