something pretty


We'd waited all spring and even all this long summer.  We meant to save it until we were desperate for some cheering up in the middle of our first Iowan winter.   Alas, we only made it three-quarters into a very sunny September.   My sweetheart and I gave in and finally started watching Downton Abbey.


It's perhaps sad but true what a happy difference it's made this last week - each day having the anticipation of watching another episode in the evening.   I can't say that it has even so much to do with the story - though it's growing on me - ...it's just so pretty.   With a cup of peppermint tea in hand,  I just sit back and enjoy forty minutes of beautiful decor, clothes and scenery.

It's a lovely way to end a long day. 


Have you seen it yet?  If by some extraordinary chance you have not heard of Downton Abbey yet or have put off watching it, I urge you not to deprive yourself any longer.   Though we didn't hold out as we'd planned, I'm thinking we can do reruns in February. ; )

love,

cailan


Share on :
something pretty
something pretty
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5