Quiet Time

 When my twins were ready to quit taking morning naps we instituted the most wonderful mid-morning tradition:  Quiet Time.  During Quiet Time the twins each get a basket of books to sit and look through in their beds, and I usually turn on the fan as they're used to it.  I really need to get a little cd player for some music.... 
When I started this they were so excited to get to read books instead of having to take a nap that they readily decided Quiet Time was superb.



Quiet Time is usually from 11:00 to 12:00, which provides a perfect window for me to spend some one-on-one time doing some preschool-type stuff with my four-year-old.  He also usually watches one Blue's Clues for the last 20 minutes and then the twins join him for a second Blue's Clues, keeping the two-year-old's t.v. time to a minimum and giving me a nice 40 minute window to Accomplish Something.

 This little one perhaps loves Quiet Time the most - no book is ever left unread in the basket.







Share on :
Quiet Time
Quiet Time
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5