A Fresh Mantel for Summertime

 So, Ms Layla is having a Summer Mantel party and truth be told, I haven't gotten into fussing much over my mantel.  
But a Summer Mantel Party is just the motivation I need.

So I challenged myself to use only what I had on hand, squeezed the creative juices out, and this what I got.


It helped immensely to start by removing everything off the mantel that wasn't semi-permanent - leaving just the poppy picture and the clock, the rest was a clean slate. Then I collected all the green and blue old hardcover books (because books are one thing I have plenty of) and piled them up, turning some forwards and some backwards.  


And I made this little bit of bunting to go in this old frame, because bunting is just happy.
(Just like I made this bunting, except this time I just sewed the triangles together straight across the top, without the bias tape)

 

Then I added some random blue, green and neutral accents.
(all thrift store finds except the b&w print)




And you know what?  I had fun fussing over my mantel.  It was a good exercise to just clear it off and start fresh, using things I already had around the house.



Three cheers for motivating parties!


See the more of the Family Room & my No-Sew Curtain Tutorial {HERE}





Share on :
A Fresh Mantel for Summertime
A Fresh Mantel for Summertime
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5