My Christmas Mantle: Snowflakes & Candy


Seeing as it's just about two weeks to Christmas, I finally pulled my Christmas mantle together.  I decided to keep the frames I used for fall as that's really too many holes in the wall to deal with after only one season, and I really do like the frames.  So I added some Christmas elements, deciding that they would be be nice backdrop from some hanging snowflakes.


It's been years since I've made any and I had so much fun.  I looked on Pinterest to find these extremely easy-to-follow instructions put together by Kerli.  It truly is a quite a thrill to unfold each one and discover the design you've somehow managed to make.

I hung them up using red twine.



The red twine answered the red and white peppermint candies I filled my jars with.
I loved using these jars as a way to incorporate the turquoise I'm using in my decor this year, and the peppermint candies were a happy, inexpensive way to add color.   They were the only thing I spent money on for the mantle.  These here represent about two big bags of candy - I could've used at least 3 but they were out at the store.  My kiddos loved helping me unwrap them.



 For a wreath, I hung up this little number that I've used for years as table center piece with a candle in the middle.



 Overall I'm happy that I kept it simple: paper, candy, and leftover from the Christmas decorating bin.  Kind of shows what you can do when you already have good bones - or frames - to work with. 


 I hope very much that you have a lovely weekend
and take some time to enjoy this beautiful season. 
I'm off to turn on the Christmas music, light a mistletoe candle, make some muffins for breakfast, and enjoy being Home.





Share on :
My Christmas Mantle: Snowflakes & Candy
My Christmas Mantle: Snowflakes & Candy
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5