Not Enough Time? Really?


No pretty pictures, or project reveals to share today - 
just sharing what's going on in my heart.




"There's just not enough time."
"I need more hours in the day."

How many times a day do we make these statements?   I know I say them often - maybe not aloud, but under my breath, or in my head.  And it's often the excuse I readily put forth when things - important things - are left undone.

But is it really True? 


I'm going to admit to you that things around our home have been unraveling a bit.  

I find so much joy in finding, creating and sharing the everyday lovely with you.  
But sometimes getting to have this joy has been more important than taking care of my little people, my sweetheart, and our home.  In this way the everyday lovely... hasn't been so lovely.


So over the weekend my longtime good, wise friend, Gail sat down with me and went over this Time problem I seem to be having.  I want to share a little of what she shared with me. She reminded me of something I'd heard her say years ago.

God gives me all the Time I need.
And the amount He gives - 24 hours, 7 days a week - is good.


My problem is with Time Management.  I have a Calendar and Lists to do, and in order to make them work my Calendar and my Lists need to get married.
But I don't want to marry the two because I don't want to be Responsible and say "no" to stuff that doesn't fit into the calendar.
Instead I want to just blame God, "there isn't enough time".

 I'm not going to blame God any more.  He gives me all the time I truly need.

Titus 2 reminds me of my priorities:
1. To love my husband 
2. To love my children 
3. To keep my home
And while I do think that Everyday Lovely fits under Keeping my Home to some measure, for me it probably shouldn't come before cooking dinner for my family or crafting with my kiddos. 

This Doesn't mean that Everyday Lovely is being shuffled off my calendar.  But it is being moved down the list of priorities.  First on the list, is reminding my husband and my kiddos that they come first - they are my first joy.  

So when you see a post here, I pray it will be true that I have attended to these very good things God have given me to do and enjoy first.


Thanks for letting me share.
Hope you enjoy this very good day.


Share on :
Not Enough Time? Really?
Not Enough Time? Really?
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5