of Painting Kitchen Cabinets


I'm about six weeks from our move to Iowa, and five weeks from a special pre-moving trip to Iowa.  The hopeful plan is for the Nicest Sister in the Whole World and I to go up to Iowa a week before we move in order to get a little work done before all the boxes and little people enter the house.  I'm hoping we can at least get the kitchen cabinets painted, so that when we move, the kitchen will be ready to receive all our kitchenware and we can start cooking - kitchens are kind-of important that way.  I'm so excited to make this trip!


Here's the kitchen as is.  I'm reeeally excited for the "After" picture.  I know a little paint is going to make a huge difference in here.  The question is what color to go with???  That's what I've got to get figured out pronto. 

{Our new house kitchen}

Should I just pain them all white?  I do love the clean fresh look of white kitchens....and farmhouse sinks : )






 


 



Or color??? Probably not.  But these are some pretty kitchens.





If I didn't go all-white I'd probably do white on the top cabinets and a color on the bottom, like so. I do really like this look, too.  Hmmmmm.
 

source unknown


I've never painted any kind of cabinet before, so it'll be a little learning curve, but if I can just make a paint color decision I feel like that's half the battle ; ) This is going to be hard for the gal who tries a minimum of four shades to get the right color....but I really won't have time to be changing things as our time will be so short.

I'm wondering if any of you have tackled painting your kitchen cabinets??   If you have a picture, it'd be lovely if you'd to link to it in the comments!  I would love some additional inspiration and any tips you have for cabinet painting would be muchly appreciated!

If you haven't painted your cabinets, now might just be the time to go for it : ) 




Share on :
of Painting Kitchen Cabinets
of Painting Kitchen Cabinets
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5